Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Office

We don't have a formal office. Rather, our guest bedroom doubles as one. Because of this, it's important that my office space fit in nicely with the rest of the room. As part of the reorganization we've been doing, the office has also had a bit of a face-lift.

Just as a reminder, this is what the guest room looks like:


Yes, my favorite childhood stuffed animal "Froggy" still holds a place of importance on the Guest Bed. He may look like a limp manatee but I love him still! 

Anyway, just to the left of that bookcase pictured in the above photo is my desk. The curtain valance and seat cushion match the toile comforter, and I stuck with a French theme overall. I purchased an antique French themed upright file divider from HomeGoods to hold my letters. Of course my lovely Chromebook sits front and center. And (had I not taken these at night) I have a great view out this window of the majestic tree that sits in front of our house. Often times when I am working, Dougie sits on the window sill and waits for squirrels or birds to come by!

To keep things neat on top of the desk, I have a Paris themed tray (another HomeGoods find), a model Eiffel Tower (complete with the French and Manx flags- a slight break from the theme!), a sachet of lavender, a Paris themed candle, a "Bonjour" mug from World Market to hold my pens, and (not that this is necessary but...) a "No Smoking" sign in French, also from HomeGoods. I love all my little accent pieces. I really need to learn how to take better pictures though. 

The desk itself is a wicker writing desk, slightly worn but still charming, and with a glass top. Most of the items in this guest room came from my childhood bedroom, so they are very near and dear to my heart. I'm glad that "The French Room" is still a part of our lives. And I'm also glad that my mother replaced it with her own French Room- hers in blue toile!



No comments:

Post a Comment