Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Becoming Rustic Country Turns 2!

Today is the second anniversary of this blog! A lot has changed since I first started blogging. I'm continually learning more, both about how to blog and about the subject of this blog. As our lives has changed so has the focus here.

Becoming Rustic Country was the project of a newlywed decorating her very first house. After our wedding, I couldn't wait to set up our first place together- a rental townhouse in our new home state of Maryland. As I set off to become "Rustic Country", my head was filled with dreams: hosting Thanksgiving, decorating a huge Christmas tree in front of the big picture window, experimenting with new recipes, finding the perfect artwork, etc.

Most of those things did happen our first year. But as with many young professionals, Joe and I knew we would be relocating again. So we were forced to craft an environment that could be easily transplanted into a new residence: a "moveable feast" of comfort,  homeyness, and style. I didn't want to feel constantly trapped in a temporary setting- I wanted every home to be distinctly us.

When you are little you expect that everything in your life will be settled by your mid 20s. Yet, as I am constantly reminded, it is a journey. This blog has documented at least one aspect of that journey! Thanks for joining us along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment