Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Post-Christmas Winter Decor

It's that time of year when the Christmas decorations come down and Valentines Day is still over a month away. For someone who adores holiday decorating, I can't help but feel a little lost in January. What theme should set the tone around the house?

One thing is for sure: it's definitely winter. We've had several snowstorms already this winter, a pretty rare thing for DC. All I want to do is curl up by the fire and enjoy watching the snow fall from my cozy spot. It's just too cold to go outside, so why not bring the outside in? This type of weather makes me think of simple, rustic, and natural elements, like wood and pinecones. So I took to the internet to search for inspiration. Here are some of my favorite decorating ideas for Winter!
I bought this basket from Target last fall to hold firewood and I continue to love it! An essential part of winter is being well stocked with firewood, so you may as well have a cute way to display it! $24.99 from Target.com.

Simplicity is key! Fill a large bowl or glass vase with pinecones. I like to buy the cinnamon scented ones from Whole Foods! They hold their scent for years!

These faux white birch candles help set a soft and natural tone for the room. From Worldmarket.com.
Lastly, what's winter without a little bling? I love the way the trees glisten when their bare branches are frozen over. Mercury glass is reminiscent of this effect, and looks very elegant as well. These mason jars are under $15 at Potterybarn.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment