Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

"Wrapping" it up!

We are just over a week away from Christmas! I am relieved to have mailed out the last of the presents and cards, and to have finished wrapping everything we will take with us to my grandparents' place. The only little guy who might still need some stocking stuffers is Douglas the kitty, but I think I can squeeze in a trip to PetSmart before we leave! =)

It's such a relief to clean up "wrapping central" (aka the guest room). I can see the bed again at last!
There it is! I'd been missing that lovely toile!

Since we are having Christmas at a timeshare condo this year, we are all responsible for bringing our own Christmas decorations. I've volunteered to bring the table top tree that I've had since I was a little girl (I picked it out on my own- I've always had an affinity for cute mini things.), over-the-door coat hangers for the stockings, and of course the presents. Rather than stick everything in a corner until we are ready to pack up the car, I decided to try to incorporate it all into our guest room holiday decor.


I stacked our presents up on top of the dresser, along with a tin full of York Peppermint Patties- a necessity in the Mauro household year-long, but especially at Christmas. Fortunately for us, Dougie has taken no interest in the sparkly bows or tissue paper.

This mini tree has been with me for so long, as has the angel atop it. I used to purchase Christmas decorations at the dollar store so that I could style my room myself. Every year since middle school this tree has been surrounded by stuffed animals and holiday beanie babies. This sight brings me back to the icicle lighting on my canopy daybed and tinsel-topped bookshelves. Maybe that is why I'm so bad at getting rid of stuff!

I think that about wraps up the amount of Christmas decorating we will be doing here, though I think I'd put up lights everywhere if I could! I got the hint that I'd gone too far when flameless candles above the toilet led to the slogan "they twinkle while you tinkle". Yikes!  Merry (almost) Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment