Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

The Desk Chair.

I've been slowly working on my office area, organizing and improving the storage, and updating the look as well. I've had my desk set since I was in high school, and while it has been wonderful, it is starting to look a little worn. On top of this, I just don't think that the chair is very comfortable. However I don't want a typical office chair because they are usually not very attractive. Furthermore, I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a chair.

Fortunately, we are no longer limited to chairs designed just for a desk. Side chairs and dining chairs are becoming more popular options for office spaces, and there are even some more dressed up version of the standard office chair. While I've settled on one (stay tuned for the big office reveal!), I thought I'd share my research for everyone else!

1. The dining room chair. 

If you feel open to it, the first place to look is at thrift stores and yard sales where you might find lone chairs separated from their sets. Or you may chose to re-purpose a chair from your own former dining set. Adding new cushions or investing in a SureFit chair cover can totally change the look. You'll just want to be sure that the chair is both comfortable and practical.

If you decide to purchase a new dining chair, you'll want to ensure that you can purchase a single chair, as many are sold either as a pair or a group set.

Chevron Dining Chair, sold as set of two online but can be bought individually in store. $179.99 for the set at Target.com

Windsor Spindle Back chair, $78.76 from Wayfair.com.

2. The living room chair. 
Living room chairs tend to be larger than dining chairs, but that hasn't deterred many from choosing them as a more plush option for desk sitting. According to the posts I've seen on Pinterest, the bigger the better! Just be sure your desk can accommodate the size.

This Grey Chenille Nina Chair from World Market is currently on sale for $149.99 (worldmarket.com).


3. The unconventional chair. 
I've seem more unconventional desk chairs popping up as a response to the negative side effects that can come from sitting all day at your desk. These two models both claim to improve posture, balance, and back health, all while strengthening your core.

The Gaiam Balance Chair, $79.98 from Amazon.com. Available in four different colors. 

The Ergo chair from The Container Store comes in three different colors and sells for $99 at thecontainerstore.com.

What type of office chair do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment