Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Feels like home to me.


We've been in our house a year now. 

It's seems the past year has flown by, and yet I feel like we've been here even longer than that! Our townhome is one of the coziest places we've ever lived (and I mean cozy in the best sense, not just as a nice way of saying it's too small!). In downsizing, we actually gained some charm, spent more time together, and took notice of the space that we do have. The natural light that flows in (thanks to being an end unit) is usually sufficient, and I rarely need to turn on lights during the day. Having gotten out of the habit of having overhead lights, I find myself more and more using candles to bring a soft glow to our space, especially when eating dinner. 

Yes we could use some more storage (especially closest!), but it is a lovely and comfortable home. It has been a great setting for me to better capture that rustic county/cottage style I'm after. I'm excited to continue to work on this place, adding my personal touch to every nook and cranny. A rental house is still a home, after all. And we're so glad to be here. 

This picture was taken right after we moved in. I had finally cleaned up and set up enough to feel like I could take a picture! None of the artwork was up at this point, but as you can see from Dougie's state, we were pretty tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment