Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

5 Cleaning Tools that will make your life easier.

Because I've been in cleaning mode since summer break began, my five things for July are some of my favorite cleaning aids that I have around the house. Of course, since I am in the UK right now, the bore of cleaning is so wonderfully far away! Even so, I do really love these products, and if you've never used them before it's worth a look!

1. Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner Sheets
These flushable sheets are fantastic. While the bathroom gets a solid cleaning once a week, anyone who lives with a man can tell you that a bit of daily maintenance is necessary to keep it looking clean. These sheets are the solution; quickly wipe down surfaces, and flush away!

They're flushable!
Visit: http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/Products/Pages/bathroom-wipes.aspx

2. Dirt Devil Easy Lite Hand Vacuum
This has got to be the best value ever. This mini vacuum cleaner is just awesome. It picks up cat litter, cleans carpet on stairs, is cordless, and, unbelievably, is only $15.99 at Target.com! This will not replace a full vacuum cleaner of course, but for quick pick ups it is fantastic. It may have been the best purchase I made this year.
The best little vacuum around! Just be sure to follow the instructions for how to charge it, and empty it  after each use. 

3. Magic Eraser
By now most people have heard of or experienced personally the magic of the Mr. Clean magic eraser. Let me give you an example of its power: when my husband (then boyfriend) moved out of the man cave he shared with four other guys, I used the magic eraser to cut through two years of food residue on their microwave, leaving it in a pristine state. At that point, I knew I had found something special. I use it a lot now to remove scratches from my white walls!

Less than $3 for a two pack from Walmart.com.
4. Shout Color Catchers
Seriously, are there still people out there doing laundry without these incredible little sheets? Reds, blues, blacks, pinks- you name it, you can throw it all together along with a color catcher and you don't have to worry about your colors running. As the name suggests, this product "catches" any running dyes, so your clothes are safe! Less than $4 at Walgreens.com.
No more obligatory laundry separating! 
5. Keyboard Duster
When is the last time that you cleaned the keyboard on your laptop? They make all kinds of air dusters these days, but they are bulkier and less attractive than the traditional brush. You can pick up a duster brush by Brushtech for under $10 on Amazon.com.
Throw it in your pencil holder along with the writing utensils and it is hidden away but still close by for quick cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment