Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Dining Room Inspiration: Country Farmhouse

I should be on a plane right now.

Our flight to London tonight was abruptly canceled, with no explanation given. After working through every possible option with the travel agent, we were able to get onto another flight tomorrow evening leaving from a different city. And so a day of London sight-seeing has been lost. :(

So instead, I spent the afternoon internet window shopping for my dining room. I'd like to bring in even more of a farmhouse feel. These pieces I found are going to be my inspiration:

1. Black colonial chandelier, from lightingcity.com
Even as a renter, I want this. I'd be able to take it with me, and  would love it forever!


2. Burlap table runner
Less than $20 from Amazon.com. I am on a bit of a burlap kick right now, but it's just too cute! And I'm really drawn to neutrals for this dining room redo. 

3. Vintage Milk Bottle, worldmarket.com
I picked this up at World Market! I want to use it for decor though rather than actually for holding milk (I've already got one for that!). The problem is, I can't have real flowers with Dougie the cat around, and I haven't found longer fake flowers that I like. To be continued...

Anyway, I'm going to be making the updates slowly. The chandelier for example is a bigger project and purchase, so I'll want to spend more time looking around and making sure I find the *right one*. I've got so many projects going on right now, that when we get back from our trip I really need to just focus on one at a time and get them done! It's fun to daydream about design though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment