Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Family Portraits

For Christmas this year I wanted to make a special gift for Joe's cousin and her family. She and I both gave birth to little girls this year, only three months apart! Since my daughter has no cousins, her second cousins are all the more important to us! 

I had to start by finding silhouette images that I could be happy with. I did this with a simple google search and by copying and pasting those images into MSWord. There are many options that are either part of Creative Commons or that can be downloaded for a small fee. I had to use the cropping and resizing tools to ensure that the silhouettes looked good together. Next I experimented with fonts. And lastly I did a test run. The result was nice, but to make it look a bit fancier, I headed to the scrapbook section at Michaels. The canvas and linen scrapbook sheets are thin enough to go through the printer, and the ink shows up great! 

A nice round frame finished it off perfectly! I liked it so much that I made one for our family too!




No comments:

Post a Comment